Tier2 Submit 2019 Test Files
Tier2 Submit has undergone a redesign. This beta ("test") version is available for the public to test the program, help us unearth bugs, and send suggestions for improvement.
Before you download the beta, please carefully read through the below notes, which will ensure that you can open and use the program and that your feedback will be considered:
- We need your feedback. Please use the program, explore it, import and export data as you would normally, and let us know what bugs you find. The email address to use is Tier2Submit2019.TesterFeedback@noaa.gov.
- If you have questions about how to use the program, please first explore the draft version of the Helps, accessible in the far upper right corner of the program. If the Helps do not answer your question, please email your question, noting where you looked in the Helps, to Tier2Submit2019.TesterFeedback@noaa.gov. This will help us determine not only which features need improvement, but also how to improve the Helps.
- Some state representatives have requested changes to their state fields. We have implemented a portion of these state field changes, with more to come. If you have comments or questions about your state fields, please let us know.
- This is an beta version of the program that still has bugs and unfinished features. While the final version will likely have the same general form, please expect changes between now and the final release date in early December. State fields in particular may shift between now and the final release date.
Instructions to download and test the program:
- Download the below file for Windows or Mac.
- Install the program.
Import any .t2s or .zip files you wish to test. EPCRA officials or Tier II information managers should note that because you will be importing 2017 or 2018 files into a 2019
version of the program, the Date Signed field will be cleared and marked as invalid. (This is standard procedure for all
submitters when they import last year's records into a new version of the program.) In order to clear this validation
error, use the "Edit as a group" feature:
- Select individual records by clicking the checkbox on the far left edge of the record, or select all records at once by clicking the checkbox in the far left edge of the gray header.
- Click the pencil icon in the dark blue bar and select "Edit the selected records as a group".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "Field: Date Signed".
- Select a date that will be applied to the Date Signed field of every record you selected.
- Click "Apply".
- Click "Done." Now, the Date Signed field will be populated for your selected records, and the Date signed field will no longer be flagged as invalid.
Download Tier2 Submit 2019 Beta for Mac [DMG, 86 MB]
Testing on various Mac operating systems is ongoing, but we hope to approve the following operating systems for the final release: Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, and Sierra. Note that the Mac version of Tier2 Submit is a 64-bit program. If you find a bug on the Mac version, please make sure to report the operating system that you installed the beta version on.
Major Changes from Tier2 Submit 2018
- Redesigned the navigation structure, adding a toolbar to edit records in list view
- Redesigned the detail page to show all details on a single page, similar to a web form
- Added real-time validation that catches validation errors as users type them, and reports the validation status of a record at any moment
- Added a map view of lat/long coordinates
- Added ability to export and import in sets of .csv files
- The new program will accept 2017 and 2018 .zip and .t2s files (we encourage you to import your 2017 and 2018 files to test this and report any bugs you find).
- .t2s files and EPCRA Data Standard .zip files created in this program will be importable into CAMEOfm 3.6, which will be released this fall. CAMEOfm 3.6 will not support import of .csv files.
The following information is for technical users. Please contact us at Tier2Submit2019.TesterFeedback@noaa.gov for details on any of these items:
- There is no modification to the National Tier II Data Standard this year.
- Certain data values are now corrected in file import.
- Certain data validation rules have changed.
- Certain state-specific fields have been added or removed.
- Instead of exporting to .mer files, the program now offers the option to export to .csv files. As compared to the .mer files, the columns of the .csv file have been renamed and reordered for clarity.
For more information, contact email@example.com